I have two similar looks for you! Plus see how I turn a classic skirt into an edgy custom piece.
Denim Skirt (Sold Out) Similar Here
Nude Bralette (Sold Out) Similar Here
Shoes (Sold Out) Similar Here
Gucci Bag (Sold Out) Similar Here
Denim Skirt (Custom) Similar Here
Mesh Trim Bralette (Sold Out) Similar Here
Louis Vuitton Bag Here
DIY SKIRT: WHAT YOU NEED
- Book or magazine
- Measuring tape & marker (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Lay your skirt flat and even.
- You can measure out how short you want your skirt to be and mark it with a marker, I just did a rough estimate and cut mine free hand.
- Cut the skirt to your desired length as one to create an even hem on both the back and front of the skirt. (tip: if you have a curvier bottom I recommend to make the back of the skirt 3/4 or 1 inch longer than the front) try it on and correct if needed.
- For frays, my denim frayed very easily on the edge of the cut without effort, I pulled with my fingers to enhance them and vary the fray lengths. (tip: if your denim doesn’t fray as easily use tweezers to pull apart the strands)
- For rips and pulls, use a shaving razor (I used a 5 blade) to go in vertical motions against the denim. (tip: place your book or magazine under to avoid ripping through both sides of the skirt) vertical motions create a rip with pulls in between and horizontal motions create a full hole. This process is time consuming and puts your arms to work, so take breaks and work in sections (tip: add additional distressing on pockets and belt loops for a realistic look)